CODE UPDATE : STERN’S JURASSIC PARK: VERSION V 0.97.0
NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted Jurassic Park code v0.97.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.
This code contains bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.
Premium – v0.97.0:
Limited Edition – v0.97.0:
1 – Download the zip file
2 – Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
3 – Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 – Power game off
5 – Insert USB stick
6 – Turn on game
7 – After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 – Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 – Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.
V0.97.0 – January 6, 2020
– Spinner – a single spin can now trigger shots lit at the Left Orbit / Spinner shot (used to be 2 quick spins in succession)
– Spinner – a single spin will not un-light any spinner score inserts
– T-Rex Multiball – added new T-Rex mech choreography when starting the mode, T-Rex now chews the ball, roars in time with on-screen display effects, then throws the ball on a delay
– T-Rex Multiball – Super Jackpot now needs to go into T-Rex mouth instead of Left Ramp, T-Rex will chew and throw the ball on a delay as a temporary ball lock
– Chaos Spellout – number of spellouts to light the multiball now capped at 2 (was 3)
– Chaos Multiball – changed Letter Jackpot thresholds C = 1 Jackpot / H,A = 2 Jackpots / O,S = 3 Jackpots
– Chaos Multiball – added 3rd Stage Chaos Hurry-Up value that starts at all the combined Super Jackpot values from Stage 2, collected at the Pop Target
– Chaos Multiball – Chaos Hurry-Up can be doubled by moving the Truck to the left facing direction (making the Pop Target shot tighter)
– Chaos Multiball – Chaos Hurry-Up will continue to run if you have only a single ball in play, mode will end after it times out or is collected
– Chaos Multiball – fixed an issue where the Super Jackpot display effect would not interrupt itself if one was already going causing some collect values to not be displayed
– Chaos Multiball – added Super Jackpot speech and text when the 3rd stage hurry-up is collected
– Chaos Multiball – Pop Bumper hits will not count towards Add-A-Ball directly after the mode starts until the Pop Bumpers are not hit for 1.5 seconds
– Raptor Triball – ‘CHAOOOSSS’ callout added when 3 balls are added when completing stage 2
– Raptor Tower – now for each Raptor Tower award threshold a Super Tranquilizer is lit
– Super Tranquilizer – lit at game start on action button. once used must be re-lit via Raptor Tower awards (does not stack). freezes dino in place and prevents attack for 20 seconds
– Museum Mayhem – fixed an issue where a ball locked in the Raptor Pen would get released when it should be single ball play, Gate will now stay closed and hits to the gate will count for the Raptor Award
– Museum Mayhem – victory phase base value changed from 1.5M to 3M
– Museum Mayhem – fixed an issue with not being able to hit the Super Jackpot in victory phase when there is a ball locked in the Raptor Pen
– Secure Control Room – fixed an issue with T-Rex Perk (+8 Seconds) was capping timer at 30 seconds when you add time, now will cap at 38 if you have the perk
– Secure Control Room – added 10 second audible countdown for hurry-up timers
– Smart Missile – added Invalid Frenzy as an option which can be awarded once per game
– Invalid Frenzy – each Gate hit now boosts jackpot and scores 500K
– Invalid Frenzy – switches and Gate hits can now build value even if jackpots are already lit
– All Paddocks – when in a Paddock the Helicopter spinner now increases the Paddock Bounty by 25K per spin times number of paddocks visited
– All Paddocks – added a grace period of 2 seconds for the dinosaur capture timer when the Helicopter has to be refueled
– All Paddocks – fixed an issue where “helicopter needs to be refueled” callout would happen when the dinosaur has already been captured
– All Paddocks – added ‘Dinosaur Escaped’ display effect when the dinosaur escapes a paddock
– T-Rex Encounter – fixed an issue where the spinner arrow would not light when it was an active shot for the mode
– T-Rex Encounter – fixed an issue where timer callouts were never heard for this mode
– T-Rex Chase – fixed an issue where timer callouts were never heard for this mode
– Pteranodon Attack – changed from 20 switches to light and increment X down to 12 switches
– Pteranodon Attack – removed timer callouts from this mode
– Loops – improved Left Loop detection logic if a switch is missed
– DNA Combos – added display effect numbering so you can tell how many you have collected
– Super Supply Drop – added display effect numbering so you can tell how many you have collected
– Callouts – added more callouts and instructional speech
– Replay – increased default replay values by 100M to bring lowest replay level to 250M
– Attract Mode – fixed an issue with pricing information disappearing after Free Play is set
– Attract Mode – added pricing information to tournament screens
– Attract Mode – fixed an issue in attract mode light sweeps where museum mayhem light would not light up
– High Scores – fixed an issue with 10 letter spacing being too wide
– Enter Initials – fixed an issue with 3 letter spacing being too narrow when champion awards are presented
– Adjustment Changes:
– added ‘JP SYSTEM FAILURE SPEECH’ defaults to TRUE, which will play speech during the ‘System Failure’ event when the first Paddock is entered, turn to FALSE to turn off this speech
– added ‘SMART MISSILE INVALID CHOICE’ defaults to YES, which will include the Invalid Frenzy mode as a choice for the Smart Missile award, competition mode defaults this to NO
– System – Updated to V2.40
– Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.55.0
– Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment “SELECT AUDIO FILTER”. Values are:
“NONE”, “HIGH/LOW SHELF”, and “10 BAND EQ”. Default value is “HIGH/LOW SHELF”.
“NONE”: No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
“HIGH/LOW SHELF”: A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
“10 BAND EQ”: A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
– Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.