NEWS : HEIGHWAY PINBALL ALIEN LE ARTWORK AND CODE UPDATE.
Taken from Heighway Pinball’s Facebook page :
Code Update v.099
Alien V0.99 (available later this month)
Changes since 0.98:
– Fix All Out War not qualifying after all requirements met.
– All Out War insert now lights after it has been played.
– Increased power to the hypersleep lock-up device
– Improved ball search for the hypersleep lock-up device
– Xenomorph tongue will now extend a little further in ball search
– Increased flipper power settings slightly
– Remove flipper coils from ball search
– Ball search outside of a game, or while tilted, will not display a message now.
– Updated burnin test to activate more coils, similar to a ball search.
– Ignore some spurious switch activity during bonus, while queued up display effects drain out.
– If a spurious switch occurred at game start and validated the playfield, this would lock in your choice of which movie mode to play. This is now changed so that the movie is not locked in until launch is pressed, or until the right inlane is triggered.
– Fixed some system display effects (which use the blue test mode background) from not showing correctly while a video was running. In particular this bug was hiding the volume adjustment screen sometimes in attract mode.
– Increase main HSTD table to 5 entries, and added more team members’ initials onto the defaults.
– Mode timers now pause briefly while the ball is in pop bumpers
– Playfield GI changes color during movie selection
– Multiball grace period now pauses while ball is being held up (for example, while the Mother award is being announced).
– Add multiball resurrection rules. Starting Sentry Guns will now restart any other multiball that was in its grace period. Likewise, starting any other multiball will now resurrect Sentry Guns from its grace period.
– Mother add-a-ball award now resurrects any multiball(s) in its grace period.
– Fix occasional pauses at endball before bonus started.
– Fix centre ramp not spotting letters towards SHIP if double scoring was already running.
– Fix occasional incorrect skill shot value display (it was correctly added to score)
– Fix mode going into grace period not displaying its timer or its hurry-up value correctly
– Boosted priority of beacon effect during wizard modes, so that it is not interrupted as often.
– Adjust scoring for Sentry Guns to prevent some outrageous scoring possibilities.
– Ambush jackpot value now increases gradually as you progress through Lifecycles, rather than increasing all at once when a Lifecycle is finished.
– Added Scene Start Difficulty adjustment. Default now lights the scene start for free at the beginning of a game.
– Derelict Ship shots are now indicated by the main arrows, not the symbol inserts.
– Added more beacon effects
– Fixed lamp effect for combos lit disappearing on ball launch.
– Revive lamp effect increased from 1 sec to 2 sec.
– Improved Rescue mode more and added some display effects for it
– Many updated sounds/callouts:
– Fixed truncated Hudson callouts
– Add new audio clips to Loader Battle
– Added correct sound for ball saver
– Added new endgame callouts
– Added sounds for weapon use
– Adjusted volume for orbit shots
– Added sounds for Super Pops
– Improved sound on ball kickout from the airlock scoop.
– Added new callouts for “mode not ready”.
– Added callouts on revived ball
– Added audio and more lighting effects with more progress towards Ambush MB.
– Improved stacking/priority of some callouts
– Added callout for Save Newt ready to start
– Added callouts for Chestburster Combos.
– Added new pop bumper sounds and mode fail sound to Derelict Ship.
– Added more orbit sounds
– Add sounds to centre ramp
– Add many callouts to Rescue mode
– Add more Mother callouts
– Misc. sounds updated/cleaned
– Modify timing for callouts related to xenomorphs hits remaining for Ambush.
– Add sounds to recharge
– Changed egg bumper explosion sounds
– Exclude some sounds when in family mode
Taken from Brian Allen’s Facebook Page : Brian is the artist who created the artwork of the backglass of the Alien LE pinball machine.
I can FINALLY post this! Official Alien illustration I created for the backglass of the new Limited Edition Pinball Machine licensed from 20th Century Fox and built by Heighway Pinball!!! Exclamation points!!
We had to turn this around on a super quick deadline, racing to release the artwork on Alien Day in 2017. HR Giger, the genius behind the Alien creature concept, was one of my very first artistic inspirations when I was a kid, so it was a great compliment to be able to play around in his shadow a little.
We had to turn this around on a super quick deadline, racing to release the artwork on Alien Day in 2017. The illustration is huge – twenty eight inches square, so I had to pump a ton of detail in every nook and cranny. HR Giger, the genius behind the Alien creature concept, was one of my very first artistic inspirations when I was a kid, so it was a great compliment to be able to play around in his shadow a little.