RUN DMD : RUN DMD PICO : DESKTOP ALARM CLOCK
I am a huge supporter of the RUNDMD projects. I purchased two RUN DMD clocks a couple years ago before they were readily available in the USA. I contacted the creator of the clocks and agreed on a price. Next, the clocks were sent to me totally unassembled needing to be put together. I also had to contact another person who helped me purchase a frame for one of the clocks because it was not readily available. The other clock’s frame was built by me out of plexi glass that now hangs in my game room. Now the clocks can be purchased fully assembled and priced to order. The clocks and visuals that they produce are nothing but awesome. Now RUNDMD has created a mini clock to be used as a alarm clock. The kit will be able to be purchased later this week. Looking forward to what RUNDMD is thinking about for its next release.
Click below to see all the RUNDMD posts and videos on my blog :
Taken from RUNDMD’s Facebook page :
The Run-DMD PICO is finally ready to be released. The first units will be available for sale later this week over at http://run-dmd.com/
The Run-DMD PICO will be sold either as a full kit with both OLED display and a 3D printed case, or barebone for those of you that want’s to build your own case.
The SD card image for the Run-DMD PICO comes pre-loaded with a set of sounds for the alarm function, and software for uploading your own alarm sounds will be released in the near future.
The Run-DMD PICO is a graphic, USB powered, battery backed, desktop alarm clock. It is a derivation from the larger Run-DMD CLASSIC/EDGE/WHITE LED matrix clocks, and can use the same SD-card data for animations, etc.
The Run-DMD PICO requires (in addition to the main pcb) a 3,2” OLED display, a micro SD-card, a CR2032-battery, an enclosure and a 5V USB power source.
There are 4 buttons on top of the Run-DMD PICO pcb with main functions of: Menu, Alarm 1, Alarm 2 and Night Mode. Within the menu system these buttons functions are different and displayed in the lower part of the display, just as on the classic Run-DMDs.
Key features of the Run-DMD PICO:
* Displays current time in various styles and formats
* Battery backup (CR2032) of internal real time clock
* 2PPM clock accuracy (within 5 seconds per month)
* 2 separate alarms (internal speaker) with snooze function
* Can display animations and play sounds from classic Run-DMD SD-card images
* Night mode to dim display and stop animations
* Custom text can be configured and displayed
* Display modes: DMD, CRT, LCD, Bar, Raster, Tiny
* Displays temperature (with external probe, option)
* Alarm EXT trigger signal (to control external components, option)
* Uses a micro SD/SDHC for internal storage of settings and data
* Powered through standard mini-USB connector (5V 500mA)