April 22

Restoration : Williams Bram Stoker’s Dracula Pinball Restoration

My friend Todd picked up this Bram Stoker’s Dracula from a Craig’s list ad. The game needed a lot of work inside and out.  He created a blog post which I found very interesting for anyone restoring the game or just to take a look.


Just picked up a Bram Stoker’s Dracula pinball off Craigslist. It was non-working, but the price was right, so I made a 2 hour drive up to North Jersey to pick it up. There was a threat of rain, so I had to take the Outback. This was it’s maiden voyage as a pin carrier.

This was the first introduction to the pin; burnt molex connectors with wires direct soldered onto the driver board.

I had to take the head off, so cut the wires, marked a couple of connections with the multi-colored Sharpies I brought, but kind of knew this was going to be a pain later.

Not the final picture; ended up putting the head on top of the machine, but much further down than it would have sat naturally folded.

Got it home safe, unloaded into the garage, but dont have time for a few days to check it out… we’ll see what gets uncovered!

… it’s an import! Oh boy!

Playfield looks solid. Castle drop plastic is cracked, and one plastic appears to be missing on the pops. Right upper ramp has some clear packing tape on it.

Playfield might looked scratched in these pictures, but it was a waxy residue that wiped off. I figured I’d leave it on to make the before pictures look better.

Wear around the exposed playfield is pretty minor. I’ll add Cliffy’s later though.

I’d lift the playfield, but there’s no head to lean it on, so instead pulled it out.

Pretty dirty. Like touch anything and your hand is black.

Well, was this far, why not rip everything out? This was really fun. Labeled everything into zip lock bags. Identified three obvious problem areas: mismatched flipper button assemblies, hacked up coin door, hacked up power wiring.

Box of parts next to playfield, next to other parts, leaning against overly large subwoofer.

Dragged it outside and took some photos.

Cab is nice.
Didnt really consider shadows.
Lots of scuffing – this is a tight playfield fit.

Well at this point I sanded 220-150-80. The coinbox area was really dirty, and the water staining was more prevalent, but it is much better (and cleaner).

Next I taped off the machine and did 6 or 7 coats of Rustoleum Satin Black on the sides and top panel.

Final shot for today:


Read the rest of the blog by clicking the link below :
Advertisements