Kiss Pinball at Modern Pinball NY
I played Kiss Pinball Pro at Modern Pinball NY last week. I think the game plays really well. I am not really keen on the rules but game play was fun. I read online the day before going to Modern that Kiss was locking up. I was very happy to see the game working and not locking up the entire time I was there.
* The Star Child shot in the upper left corner was easier to hit than what I have been reading about it.
* It plays fast, but not as fast as Metallica or AC/DC in my opinion.
* The right out lane is a killer. The ball drains a lot in that area.
* The Gene Simmons face was great except for the ball going straight down the middle after the ball releasing through the mouth.
* The artwork on the game is awesome. Kevin O’Connor who created the artwork on the original Kiss pinball machine was the artist behind the Stern version. Looks great.
* DMD artwork needs some work in my opinion. Metallica and AC/DC looks great with the cartoon characters depicted in the DMD artwork. Kiss has more DMD artwork that is digitized from concert footage. Hopefully updated code will improve this.
* Music and sound is clear and loud. Also the music chosen for the game is great (except maybe for Lick It Up) but it fits in with the game mode.
* Kiss Backstage Pass scoop needs a Cliffy. That hole looks that it will get chewed up quickly. Cliffy, please make a protector soon. Cliffy makes some great products, I have many of his protectors on my machines.