Walking Dead 1.24 Code Preview Video From the Stern Facebook Page. The Walking Dead Pinball 1.24 Code Update – NOW AVAILABLE!
Stern is on a roll with new videos and posts on their Facebook page. Recently they released a video showing the new upcoming Walking Dead code update. Below is the link to the video posted on the Stern Facebook page.
The Walking Dead Pinball 1.24 Code Update – NOW AVAILABLE!
Pro Download –
Premium/LE Download –
This 89mb update drastically updates gameplay for owners and operators of The Walking Dead. This is the first of a what is planned to be at least 2 more updates beyond this 1.24 file on TWD. Work on the next version of the code is already underway, but we think you will have your hands full with 1.24 for a while.
The whole team here at Stern would like to THANK YOU for your business and support. Working with licenses can be a tedious process, and between releasing new games, moving into a new facility and having several other new titles in development it’s fair to say that we have a lot going on. That said, we are absolutely committed to completing our games to be rich, engaging, fun to play and fully featured. We have taken steps which we feel will streamline this process and provide more updates more often going forward.
Full details of the code update are contained within the read-me file. We are eager for you to download, upload, play and enjoy. Please feel free to leave constructive feedback. Have a fun filled Memorial Day Weekend!!!
TWD Prem-LE V1.24 – May 22, 2015
– Consolidated RGB LED colors. Added color coding to the fire button. Enter initials = WHITE, launch = RED, crossbow = YELLOW (to match the inserts), horde = RED (for now), prison = BLUE (to match the inserts), well = GREEN (to match the inserts, although these are not used until the last stage of the multiball).
– Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red, well=green).
– Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.
– Added a setting to allow the bicycle girl ramp diverter to be adjusted differently when the crossbow is fired. The settings are: ALWAYS UP, ALWAYS DOWN, and GAME STATE. The default is ALWAYS UP.
– Switch #60 is not used, but was not marked as such, which caused the switch to be reported bad in the tech alert. This has been corrected.
– Added first pass HORDE wizard mode.
– Horde “timers off” function modified to not include ball location (pop bumpers).
– HORDE is now lit by starting all of the multi-kill modes.
– Reworked the HORDE rule so it is started by shooting the woodbury shot, instead of automatically when the last multi-kill is started.
– HORDE walkers are present on each shot
— left loop, left ramp, center lane, right loop, and right ramp. Each walker has a distance from the player, 1-5. Distance is shown in playfield lamp state on each shot (the number of lights lit, except for #5, for which there is no light), and in the display. Walkers advance towards the player, and the player can kill the walkers by shooting the appropriate shots. Killing a HORDE walker at distance = 1 scores 20% of the multi-kill value the player brought with them to start HORDE. Killing a HORDE walker at distance 5 scores 100% of the multi-kill value the player brought with them to start HORDE. HORDE ends when a walker advances past level 5 and bites the player. The flippers will turn off and any balls on the playfield will be collected.
– HORDE starts as a 2-ball and can be built up to 4-ball via add-a-ball each time a level is cleared. The first level requires 3 walker kills. The second level requires 4 walker kills, etc.
– Changed the rendering for the HORDE walkers. If a HORDE walker is advanced up to a distance where there are neighboring (adjacent) walkers at the same distance, then the newly advanced walker is rendered before (on top) of the adjacent walkers.
– Changed the rendering for the HORDE walkers. Walkers that are closer to the player are rendered before walkers that are farther away from the player.
– Horde scoring now incorporates previous multi-kill mode scores.
– When horde is lit, it now leaves all of the multi-kill shots alone, so the player can continue to score points from them. When horde is started, the multi-kill shots are reset.
– Added the right ramp dome flasher to the horde ready background lamp effect.
– Fish tank heads now show for most lamp effects.
– Fish tank head collected and fish tank completed priorities were too high. This has been corrected.
– Changed display effect sequence processing to keep low-priority display effects from displaying a quick frame before a higher priority effect takes over.
– Added head impact sounds to the TUNNEL mode award animations.
– Added gunshot sounds to the BARN mode award animations.
– Prison doors diverter test was opening the doors on (-) and closing them on (+). This has been swapped.
– Previous multi-kill scores are now saved for each player when the multi-kill modes are reset at the start of HORDE. This way, score progress for multi-kill only ever increases throughout the game as each new multi-kill is started. (Carry-over behavior is controlled by an adjustment — i.e. this can be turned off).
– Generic walker kills (which light the return lane X feature) disabled during HORDE (it interferes with the lamps that display the HORDE walker progress). The X lane WILL score properly during HORDE, but there is no way to relight it once it has been used.
– Shortened the match animation. Re-synced music.
– Cleaned up multi-kill animations, added sounds, added light shows. Removed unused background effect. Changed speech. Made the intensity of the speech reflect the scores being awarded.
– Added lamp effects for BARN/CDC/RIOT/TUNNEL/ARENA mode totals.
– Reworked the post super jackpot stage for prison multiball (victory laps). Because it’s not much fun starting over from the beginning.
– Implemented a better victory lap stage for well multiball.
– Implemented well multiball state carryover from multiball to multiball. Got rid of fixed well multiball super jackpot (this is
– Added settings for prison/well multiball state carryover from multiball to multiball. Added a victory lap stage to prison multiball that allows shot looping (left ramp, right ramp) with increasing values for the remainder of the multiball. The victory lap shots also count prison walker kills for lighting SIEGE.
– Lowered max. well walker hits to 9. Added hit count left for well walker multiball start.
– Added a lamp effects the well walker.
– Default # of spotted prison letters to open the prison doors for bashing the prison walker head has been increased from 4 to 5.
– Prison targets are now always allowed (as they were before, but a dependency has been removed) such that if +X prison cannot be awarded, the targets will still light the tower jackpot and light the 2X playfield values.
– Made a short version of the well hit sound that doesn’t take so long to finish up. The short version is used for WELL letters 1-3, and the long version is used for the last letter.
– Added infrastructure for scoring with previous modes played.
– Reworked scoring for tunnel mode.
– Removed “prison letters qualify” nonsense, as this proved to be too difficult and confusing, even for seasoned players.
– Added a setting for blood bath multiball add-a-ball autofire time. Blood bath multiball is some work to get, and should have a somewhat reasonably long autofire time. The add-a-ball, however, is relatively easy to get, and should have a shorter autofire time. Otherwise, we are going to spend all day playing blood bath multiball.
– Added speech limiter to CDC mode. Some shots can be made repeatedly (i.e. – the left ramp) and there was too much speech.
– Fixed the priorities for blood bath multiball and crossbow multiball. These were lower than the modes.
– Added art to multi-kill totals.
– Added speech for supplies. Speech for specific, more valuable awards (modes lit, blood bath lit, crossbow lit, etc.) have priority. Added art for first aid, weapons, and food. Supplies are rendered in the lower left corner of the left target bank display (this provides more space for text). Changed left target bank completed text so everything fits more cleanly on the display. Added lamp effects for collecting supplies, lighting modes, and lighting blood bath multiball.
– Removed “advance prison” from the set of woodbury skill shot awards.
– Despite there being multiple animations for weapons and food, only one was being used for each. This has been corrected.
– Reworked the generic walker kill speech such that the requested speech is more appropriate for the type of generic walker kill animation that is played.
– Added new adjustments for multi-kill, to make some of the requirements easier. This still needs tweaking.
– Added bonus score for killing all 115 zombies.
– Reworked generic zombie kills. Changed scoring so scores increase with each new zombie killed. Added a large score bonus for every 10 zombies killed. 2nd extra ball awarded once instead of multiple times. Hooked in last man standing (light). Added HSTD for last man standing.
– Added missing sounds to generic walker kill animations.
– Reworked the walker killed display effect to show a larger number (like the type on the playfield) and the information more clearly. Cleaned up score blinking, where the score would be missing from the frame when the display effect would exit.
– Added art to tunnel champion display in the attract mode.
– Target bank adds more time to the BARN/CDC/RIOT/TUNNEL/ARENA modes. Added a setting to clear woodbury lit count at ball start. Added new woodbury skill shot awards.
– Added art to CDC attract mode HSTD display.
– Added a setting to allow woodbury skill shots to stack — i.e. more than one good award may be lit at a time.
– Return lanes now disabled when the shot multiplier is active or in the grace period. This keeps a new lane award (say, during multiball) from stomping all over an existing (extended) multiplier.
– Pop bumper jackpot, tunnel mode start, tunnel mode awards, and right loop combos are now awarded from the full right loop, instead of the right loop switch.
– Reworked the shot multipliers and the shot multiplier HSTD total sequence logic such that there can be continuation (i.e. left loop switch -> left loop, center lane rollover -> center lane (tower) standup target, right loop switch -> right loop), instead of the sequence being killed after the first group of awards.
– Fixed multi-kill total initialization problem that was causing the total to display as garbage if no shots were made that ball.
– Woodbury skill shot was allowed during blood bath multiball and crossbow multiball. This has been corrected.
– Woodbury skill shot “active” has been added to the criteria for “timers off”. Added “timers off” logic to the star rollovers, the second shooter lane switch, and the top lane rollovers.
– Cleaned up skill shot text (now uses game-specific fonts). Cleaned up blinking — starts with the title/score on the screen, ends with the title/score on the screen.
– Changed multiball stacking. Prison and well and crossbow are no longer allowed together. Blood bath is the only one allowed to stack with something else.
– Added a HSTD for the most walkers killed.
– Cleaned up the pop bumper jackpot increased award display effect. Fixed vertical spacing. Jackpot value now updates dynamically each render, instead of the value being passed as an argument and rendered statically.
– Well walker multiball
— Added more information to the background display effect. Switch hits were not being added to the well letter value. This has been corrected. Fixed the adjustment for well walker so it is not so brutal to start it a second time. Fixed well scoring (the values were adding an extra increment that they should not have been). Fixed post-super jackpot scoring.
– Blood bath switch hit score goes up by 1K each time the drop target bank is completed. Blood bath lamp turned on solid when blood bath is active. Blood bath jackpot and super jackpot were not adding their scored points to the total. This has been corrected. Blood bath jackpot was not being added to the super jackpot when scored. This has been corrected. Add-as-balls awarded for completing the bank and collecting all of the supplies (controlled by adjustments).
– Added instructions and transitions to multi-kill mode start display effects.
– Added sounds for game start start button and player added. Removed weak sounds from the skill shot background.
– Added tilt warning and tilt sounds.
– Added an adjustment to control how the multi-kill shot moves around after it has been collected (RANDOM, LEFT-TO-RIGHT, RIGHT-TO-LEFT). Competition mode installs the LEFT TO RIGHT setting.
– Changed up multi-kill modes. Scoring is based on the achievements earned to start the modes. Only one shot is ever lit, no matter how many are started. Each start indicates which shot should be lit, so there will be a connection to the achievement and the shot lit. (For example, completing bicycle girl lights the left ramp multi-kill shot).
– Changed multi-kill scoring to be based on the points scored during the mode that started the multi-kill.
– Fixed issues with the background music and display being updated/run at the proper time.
– Fixed up CDC scoring. When the mode starts, the left ramp is the only shot that is available and it may be looped any number of times to build up the value and light additional shots on the playfield (red arrows). Shooting one of the red arrow shots enables the left ramp for mode completion (2 shots). Completing the mode (1 left ramp shot, followed by 1 to 4 red arrow shots, followed by 2 left ramp shots) starts one of the multi-kill modes (adjustable).
– Cleaned up attract mode display effects for blood bath HSTD and bicycle girl HSTD.
– Added art for for the combo champion display in the attract mode.
– Match speech was running past the end of the display effect. This has been corrected.
– Fixed up shot multiplier X champion to record the scores for each individual feature that contributes to the total. Added logic to record the X champion for HSTD.
– Fixed modules that weren’t multiplying their scores by the shot multiplier. This included combos and bicycle girl.
– Added flipper button speech to the attract mode.
– Reworked bonus so it counts up instead of counting down. Reworked the bonus effect to show the number of walker kills while the zombie pile animation runs. Added sounds and a lamp effect. Added left/right side pile based on the last walker killed. The lamp effect shows the lights in the order in which the walkers were killed. Fixed bonus scoring so it only scores for walkers killed. This means it is possible to receive no bonus if no walkers are killed. If that is the case, then the bonus effect will not run.
– Food increases a shot multiplier for the well. The multiplier is awarded for any hit to the well (letter, well, well multiball), then reset.
– First Aid increases a shot multiplier for the prison. The multiplier is awarded for any hit to the prison (letter, prison, prison multiball, siege), then reset.
– Removed animals from the crossbow mode, per AMC request.
– Art changed for skill shot walker.
– Removed walker kills that AMC does not like (lawnmower, trident, chainsaw attached to stump).
– Added art/sounds for BARN mode. Changed scoring. Barn walker types (6) now added to a history list. When a walker is started the list is checked and another walker is chosen if the walker has been started recently. Added sorted rendering based on priority so the barn walkers show up on the correct layers. Larger walkers move faster and are rendered last. Smaller walkers move slower and are rendered first. Changed the barn walker kill selection algorithm to kill the walker that is the farthest away from the barn.
– Off-screen prison walkers were making sounds when it appeared that all of the on-screen walkers had been killed. This has been corrected.